The Junior Compliance Officer will report to the Compliance Officer and will be responsible for the following:
- Ensure completeness of client applications and related documents received for due diligence reviews and onboarding.
- Performance of due diligence procedures on client applications and transactions.
- Daily monitoring of client transactions against profiles.
- Performance of detailed reviews on client files on an annual basis and more frequently as necessary.
- Working with the Compliance Officer and senior management in the risk assessments and assignment and review of risk weightings for the Bank’s clients, products and services.
- Filing of reports for the Inland Revenue Dept. – FATCA, CRS
- Assist with the yearly AML and financial audits and any other regulatory audits.
- Work with the Compliance Officer in ensuring the Bank’s own due diligence is kept up to date and communicate same to the Bank’s correspondents and third parties who require such information on a regular basis.
- Work with the Compliance Officer in the design, review and updating of the various Policies on an annual basis and more frequently as necessary including the Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Policy, the Anti–Bribery & Corruption (ABC) Policy and Combating the Financing of Terrorism (CFT).
- Assists with the review and updating of the Data Management Policy, the Operations Policy, the Risk Management Policy and any other relevant Policies and procedures.
- Ensure the proper filing and record–keeping of client files and related documents in hard and soft copy.
- Work with the Compliance Officer on annual AML and related training for the Board and staff of BBT.
Qualifications and Experience
- BSc. Degree in Banking, Law, Finance, Accounting, Economics or equivalent
- At least 2 years' experience in a similar role
- Certification in Compliance designations such as ACAMS would be an asset. One must be committed to working towards getting this or similar professional designation while on the job if one doesn't already have it.
- Sound knowledge and experience with the various guidelines and requirements under the Money Laundering Prevention Act (MLPA) and similar legislations; FATCA, CRS reporting requirements.
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
- Fluency in Spanish would be an asset