The Operations Manager will be responsible for all aspects of Rain Forest Adventures’ Operations which include but are not limited to; coordinating all maintenance, and the overall upkeep of the Company’s assets. Additionally, the Operations Manager shall have responsibility for the efficient functioning of the Parks food and beverage operations and gift shop.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, establish, update, and implement all operational training programs and manuals for lift operations and maintenance, building maintenance, zip line operations and maintenance.
- Manage employee scheduling and payroll completion. Manage staff levels to achieve high levels of efficiency and customer service, while also maintaining wages within budgetary parameters.
- Manage the accurate maintenance of logs for preventative, scheduled and unscheduled maintenance.
- Ensure the security of the facility and inventory.
- Interview, train and supervise all operational staff. Monitor performance by regular evaluations and provide coaching for improvement.
- Manage operational budgets, including cost considerations and implementation.
- Safeguard inventory via adequate control systems.
- Oversee daily Park operations, including proper completion of daily operations logs and reports.
- Ensure compliance with safety standards. Identify problem areas and rectify.
- Manage all health and safety elements of the operation. Ensure the presence of a well-trained EMT during operations. Ensure the completion of incident reports and investigations of all incidents.
- Respond to customer complaints.
- Ensure all daily operational checks are completed.
- Ensure all end of day operational procedures are followed.
- Manage and assist lift maintenance staff to ensure safety and reliability.
- Ensure cleanliness and maintenance of buildings and other work areas.
- Ensure adequate stockkeeping, and accountability within the food and beverage departments and gift shop
- Maximize “On Property Revenue”, through innovation and efficient operations
- All other duties as may be assigned
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field preferred or ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Five years of supervisory experience in operations
- Demonstrated strong financial management.
- Strong communication, organizational, leadership, team building skills and reasoning abilities.
- Professional presentation and attitude.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Team oriented.
- Patience, with the ability to stay focused and self-motivated.
- High level of dependability – flexible, reliable, responsible at fulfilling obligations.