Provide direct assistance to the General Manager. Execute general office administrative function and basic human resource management activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Comply with and enforce all company policies.
- Answer general phone and email inquiries and direct to relevant team members in a professional and courteous manner.
- Provide secretarial and administrative support to the General Manager
- Maintain accurate company records and manage physical and electronic filing systems, which facilitate ease of retrieval.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments, and travel arrangements for the General Manager.
- Sort, record and disseminate all incoming and outgoing mail.
- Purchase, receive, store and distribute office supplies ensuring that basic supplies are always available.
- Assist in the planning and execution of office activities.
- Provide required support for HR projects and programs.
- Maintain employee files in compliance with applicable legal requirements.
- Prepare annual leave roster and review periodically with managers for accuracy and compliance.
- Process sick leave forms in compliance with NIC requirements.
- Conduct employee relations and industrial relations investigations.
- Address complaints, settle disputes and resolve grievances and conflicts.
- Co-ordinate training and recruitment & selection activities.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality related to company information.
- Assist in executing other administrative or Port duties in the absence of team members.
- Monitor expenses and control the budget for department.
- Maintain performance standards as set by management.
- Perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the General Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Associates Degree in Business Studies, Office Administration or equivalent.
- Advanced knowledge of and proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- One to two years’ experience working in a similar role.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good negotiating and conflict resolution skills.
- Knowledge of operating standard office equipment.
- Excellent organization, time management and follow-up skills.
- Basic knowledge in human resource management.
- High level of personal and professional integrity - honest and ethical.
- Attention to detail and deadline-oriented.
- High level of professionalism.
- Discreet and tactful approach to handling HR related matters.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Good team working skills.
- Customer service oriented.
- Ability to work unsupervised and demonstrate initiative.
- Patience, with the ability to stay focused and self-motivated.
- High level of dependability – flexible, reliable, responsible at fulfilling obligations.